ESOL helps students of all abilities to improve their skills in English. ESOL classes provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding of English needed by people who are living, working and studying in the UK or English speaking countries.
As one of our students, you will develop the basic literacy and English language skills that you need to function more fully at work, in everyday life and in your local community.
Improving your English will make it easier to:
- Talk to neighbours, doctors and teachers
- Help your child with homework
- Talk to employers and work colleagues
- Understand the laws and customs of the UK
- Continue with education
- Develop employability skills and improve job prospects
- Provide you with an English qualification
- Meet other students from around the world and learn about different cultures
All of our courses cover every aspect of the English language, including Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening as well as Grammar and Pronunciation.
The course is suitable for overseas adult 16+ students, who reside in this area such as:
- Migrant workers
- Spouses/partners marrying British Citizens
- Westland’s employees
- Yeovilton NATO personnel
- Au-pairs and carers
We also offer ESOL courses at five different levels from Pre-entry to Level 2. A specialist ESOL tutor will assess your language level and learning needs and help you decide which level is the best course for you.
Taking an Exam is not compulsory. However, if you wish to achieve a qualification you can do so towards the end or, in some cases, during the academic year.